Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thursday Threads: Ananya

I love shopping. Especially for clothes. There’s nothing like prancing around your favorite store, grabbing up an armfull of garments, and dancing off to the dressing room to try them on…

But inevitably, this is where the disappointment steps in. There are always things that don’t fit at all or just don’t fit quite right. Sometimes there are things that fit perfectly but the color is all wrong. And then are the things you didn’t bother trying on at all because as much as you loved the design, the fabric was just awful.

Wouldn’t it be great if there was someone in the shop who would take that just-a-bit-too-big dress that you love and make it just your size? Or make that too-short-skirt just a little longer? Or take that cute top in that awful print and making in a fabric you truly love?

Enter Ananya. She makes adorable dresses, skirts, and other garments all in your size and the fabric you choose.

This is the dress that drew me into the store. I knew I’d come across a great designer. But when I saw what else she had to offer, I was really impressed.

There are several things here I’d just love to have. Like this skirt. Isn’t it great? So cute and classy! But I don’t know how I would ever choose a fabric. There are several options shown in the listing itself, but if none of those strike your fancy, you also have the entire stock of two separate shops to choose from. That’s a LOT of options.

And I definitely need this. It’s a cupcake dress, for goodness sake!

What? Doesn’t everyone have a weakness for cupcake-adorned clothing? No? Oh. Well. I do.

I also have a special fondness for skirts and dresses that have pockets. They are a rarity and, in my opinion, pockets are a necessity. I rarely ever put anything besides my hands in them, but I miss them terribly when they’re not there. So of course, I think this dress is fantastic. And it just looks so comfy…

But I think I’ve said enough. You get the point. Go pay Ananya a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment