Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday Motivator


My motivation this week?  This book--which is full of cute projects that all utilize technology in some cool, creative way.  Perfect for a geeky crafter like me.

I actually bought the book a few weeks ago, and I have since been ogling all of the awesomeness, trying to decide which project I wanted to try first.  Of course, along the way I found myself thinking of minor changes I could make, how I could put my own unique spin on things.

And then, the next thing I new, I had ideas for entirely new projects, other ways to use the techniques featured in the book.

I suppose this is a pretty typical process, but it got me thinking about what a truly fantastic resource books are for we crafty folks.  They're a great way to learn new techniques or a new craft entirely.  In fact, the vast majority of the wide variety of crafty things I do, I learned from books.  And once you've learned a craft, books are an indispensable resource for making the most of it--stitch dictionaries, for instance, for we knitters and crocheters.

But perhaps the most important thing these books give us is inspiration.  I've found that, although inspiration can be found almost anywhere, nothing inspires me quite like a good book.  Like the one above.  It's given me an idea I would never have come up with otherwise (and which I'm keeping under wraps for the moment; I'll surprise you all with it later!), and I just can't wait to get started!

So if you feel your inspiration waning, grab a book!  Already have a favorite?  Leave a comment and tell me what it is!  Maybe I'll compile a crafty reading list...

No comments:

Post a Comment