Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday: Amigurumi + New Item!

Before I get on with today’s regularly schedule blogcast, I’d like to point you all toward my newest listing, just for my fellow Etsy sellers:



In addition to the holiday banner I posted yesterday, I’m now offering fully customized banners as well. I’ll be listing more custom graphics in the near future, but if you don’t want to wait, convo me and tell me what you need!

Now, then. On to today’s tutorial, featuring…

Amigurumi!

For those not in the know, amigurumi are adorable little crocheted critters and dolls. They’re also my latest crochet obsession. I have yet to attempt to make one, but I intend to take my first stab at it soon, so I’ve been strolling around the web looking for patterns and tutorials and the like.

That was how I came across The Roxycraft Blog, where I was promptly distracted by a whole host of adorable critters. Eventually, I managed to tear myself away from the cute long enough to find a whole series of video tutorials. Score!

Starting seemed a good place to… uh, start, so I watched this one…



And was immediately impressed. This looked so much easier than the magic ring, which always seems a bit fiddly and fumbly to me.

Admittedly, I’ve only watched a few of the videos so far, but they’ve all been wonderfully informative. And if you happen to be a lefty, these would be extra great for you! I’m not, so it’s a little odd watching someone who is, but totally worth it for the great info.

Got your own tutorial you’d like to see featured here? Leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment