Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thursday Threads: Winter Wonders

Happy Thanksgiving, Folks! Hope you’re all enjoying your holiday. If you’re anything like me, there’s a good chance that you’ve eaten entirely too much and that this is only the beginning. Yes, the holiday season is officially upon us and the festive parade of yummy, calorie-packed, guilty-pleasure foods is off to a great start. And, if you’re anything like me, it’s all gonna go straight to your hips. Or somewhere you don’t want it. But I for one, am not going to let that get me down. Nope. I’m going to look at those few extra pounds as a great excuse to do some shopping!

And so, this week’s Thursday Threads features pretty winter styles that will carry you through the holidays and well into the aftermath.

Like this lovely hoodie. Doesn’t it just look cozy? And versatile! The seller calls it a dress, and you could certainly wear it as such with a pair of tights or leggings. But you could easily wear it with jeans too. It’s cute enough for all your casual winter occassions, but I must say, it looks particularly well suited to curling up on the couch with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate.

Moving onward, I love that tights and leggings are so in vogue right now. It means that dresses and skirts aren’t just for warm-weather-wear. Which is great because is I snagged this skirt, I certainly wouldn’t want to wait until the weather warmed up to wear it.

And with a pair of cozy stockings like this, I wouldn’t have to!

This is just the tip of the iceburg, of course. There are oodles of lovely winter-ready garments out there in Etsy land. Why don’t you show me your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment