Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday Threads: Eco-Friendly Fashion

I've always been "eco-conscious." Ever since I was a wee critter-loving tot, I've done my best to follow the three R's. I'm always trying to reduce the amount of crap I throw away. So I reuse what I can (shoe boxes are great for storage). I recycle what I can, both in the conventional dump-it-in-the-bin kind of way and also in the crafty, "upcycling" way. I like to think I'm pretty earth-friendly.

And now, with the current eco-craze, it's easier than ever to do your part. Organic foods are all over the supermarkets. Your options at the checkout are now paper, plastic, or eco-friendly reusable tote. Electric companies are even offering green energy options to their customers. Talk about an awesome trend.

So to celebrate this green renaissance--as well as the coming of Earth Day--I've dedicated this week's Thursday Threads to eco-friendly fashion. Kudos to these creators for respecting their mother (Mother Earth, that is).

Lil' Miss Sailor Shirt by sewmoe



Snazzy little sailor shirt made in a bamboo knit fabric. I can only guess how ridiculously comfortable this must be, as I've never worn bamboo. But I have gotten my paws on some bamboo yarn and it's just amazingly soft. An entire shirt made of the stuff? Yummy.

Mademoiselle Skirt by econica



This lovely skirt has a lot to offer--a touch of ruffle, a hint of retro, and plenty of options. It's available in 14 different colors, in an organic cotton/bamboo blend. And the colors are all so lovely... Who could pick just one?

Hemp Patchwork Apron Dress by peacebird



Isn't this just gorgeous? It reminds me of stained glass. And it looks so comfy! As it should. After all, it's made with hemp cotton. I'd love to have a dress like this to romp around in when summer comes. So I'll start saving my pennies.

In the meantime, why not leave a comment and share your favorite eco-friendly finds?

2 comments:

  1. Those are some beautiful finds! For more eco-friendly fashion you should check out thehotlovemovement.com. They are an urban fashion line including organic t-shirts, messenger bags made out of bamboo and recycled billboard vinyl, and more. They believe that we need to take responsibility for our world, which is why they only use water based dyes and sweatshop free cotton. The best part is, all proceeds from sales go to fund projects in underprivileged areas for sustainable infrastructure projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've only had a chance to glance at the site, but it looks awesome! Thank you so much for sharing the link. :)

    ReplyDelete