Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday Motivator: Everything's Blooming!

I haven't been posting much lately, so you might think there's nothing interesting going on in my world. But that couldn't be farther from the truth. This spring, while everything outside is blooming, it seems like my creative/business life has blossomed as well.

For starters, I finally managed to snag a treasury Saturday. And *drum roll please* it made the front page last night! :D


And here the original Treasury.  Apparently the Etsy community likes tentacled critters just as much as I do.  This was such a pleasant surprise to discover.  Thanks to everyone who clicked and commented! 

In addition, I've seen a BIG increase in views lately.  And according to Google Analytics, I have Twitter to thank for that.  Specifically the World Wide Etsy Sellers group.  This awesome group of Tweeters has helped me in a number of ways, not just with all of their kind tweets and re-tweets.  They've also helped Twitter feel more like a community to me.  I've been a big fan of Twitter right from the start, but whenever I tweeted about my shop I felt kind of... spammy.  But the folks from WWES do all sorts of tweeting for me.  And when I do tweet about my shop, they re-tweet.  And I return the favor, and we all just spread the Twitter-love.  So if you're feelin' a little lonely out there in Twitter Land, stop by the blog, read the rules, leave a comment, and join the group!

And last but not least, I believe I mentioned in my last post that I was working on my new work area, which I have officially dubbed the Crafty Corner.  This rounds out the Trifecta of Inspirations.  I intend to devote a whole post to it once I've finished moving and organizing things, but in the meantime, I must say, I have a new favorite part of the house.  And I can hardly believe the difference that having this space has made already.  There's just something about establishing a dedicated space for your crafty work that just makes it feel so much more... professional.  I'd say "serious," but I can never be serious when I'm crafting.  It's too much fun!

So all of this together has combined to give me one big boost in confidence.  I'm getting some recognition now.  If my treasury made the front page, my items can to.  I can be a success, and I will be.  Because I'm never going to give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment