Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday Motivator: Costuming

I love making costumes.  Be they generic Halloween costumes or replicas of movie costumes or historical costumes, there are few things I enjoy more.  I've toyed with the idea of taking costume commissions for some time now, but I was always a bit intimidated by the idea of making things for other people.  Recently, however, with a bit of sales experience under my belt, I decided to take the leap.  I posted an advertisement on the popular costuming forum, Cosplay.com, and within two days I had my first customer. 

So for the last week or so I've been working on this order (and having a blast) and thinking about how I can tie this in with my Etsy shop.  I'd definitely like to do some more pieces like my Mallorn leaf necklace--items inspired by literature and film--as well as some specific costume pieces.  If there's something you, my dear readers, would like to see, I'd love to hear about it!

In the meantime, I'm off to get some more work done.  I'm on a deadline--have to get it finished this week!  Have a great day, everyone!  And don't forget to drop by my Facebook page and put in your vote for my next giveaway prize!






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment