Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday Threads: Spring Green

What's this?  A regular feature?  At last? 

Yep.  I'm finally gettin' back into the swing of things.  Sorry for the sparse activity, folks.  I'm afraid our little household hasn't been the healthiest of late.  But Kitty's all better now, and I finally have the energy and brainpower to do something other than sit around like a bump on a log (or a bum on the couch, as the case may be).  So let's get back to our regularly scheduled blog, shall we?

Spring is finally on it's way, and I can't wait for it to get here!  I love spring.  I love it's lack of snow.  I love the temperatures that climb to well above freezing.  But most of all, I love all of the buds and blossoms and blooms, the life that finally returns, and the beautiful colors it brings.  Like green. 

This week's Thursday Threads features cute garments in light and lively shades of spring green.  Like this adorable gingham dress by Ananya:

 
This dress just screams spring to me.  The color, those playful ruffles, the print...  Spring and gingham just go together like... peanut butter and jelly - which would make a great sandwich to pack for a picnic, to which you could wear this dress.  Of course, it would be equally suited to a walk in the park, a trip to the nearest ice cream shop, or... just about anything really.  It's casual enough for everyday but has plenty of dressing-up potential for those somewhat more formal occasions.  Ah, versatility.  I love it!
Which is part of the reason I love this reversible wrap skirt by GenerationGap:


Adorable, no?  I'm not usually all that fond of floral prints, but this ones pretty with it's springy greens and golden yellows and those lovely little, white... daisies?  I'm going to call them daisies.  And I'm going to call this skirt awesome, because guess what.  This is only the first side!  This skirts reversible, so if you're not in a flowery kinda mood, you can flip this puppy around and BAM!  You've got the same cute, kneelength wrap skirt in a lovely shade of sky blue.  How cool is that?  I love reversible stuff. 

Ya know what else I love?  Hoodies.  I think a cute hoodie is a necessity for spring weather.  And this bunny hoodie by ShoriAmeshiko is seriously cute:

It has ears.  And a cute ickle bunny face.  And wings!  And it's made with fleece, so it's most likely just as comfy and cozy as it looks.  And it looks pretty darn cozy.  And so do ShoriAmeshiko's other adorable critter-eared hoodies (featuring bears, and moogles, and mudkips - oh, my!) and hats.  The whole shop is just full of cute, so be sure to check it out!

And if you've got any spring greens you'd like to share, leave a comment! 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful picks! The first dress is so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spring green! Thank you so much for including my gingham dress. : )

    ReplyDelete