Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wicked Wednesday: Red and Black and Undead All Over

Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and it's got me seeing red! Seriously, it's everywhere. Fortunately, I happen to like red. In fact, it comprises half of my favorite color combination. There's just something about a bright, blood red paired with deep, dark, doom-ly black...

Obviously, I am not alone in this opinion. There is certainly no shortage of awesome red and black items floating around Etsy. Here are just a few of my favorites...



This ravishing raven pendant from The Gilded Lily is actually made from a Scrabble tile. I'm a big fan of Scrabble, so I think that's pretty darn cool. And even if you're not a Scrabblephile, you can't deny that this pendant is gorgeous. Unless maybe you just really don't like big, black birds. In which case you should check out the rest of the shop, which is chock full of Scrabble tile pendants. There is seriously something here for everyone--from pretty flowers to retro flamingos to phrases such as "Keep Calm and Eat A Cupcake." Very cool.

Moving onward, I love armwarmers. They're such a great accessory--especially for folks like me who have ickle bitty hands. I love gloves, but they're always too long in the fingers. With armwarmers, that's not an issue. And, like gloves, armwarmers can be both practical--like the knitted variety in warm wools--or decorative, like these little lovlies from Estylissimo.



Aren't they just fabulous? The lace, the lacing, the subtle pinstripes... Beautiful! But if you don't have anything in your closet to match these, don't worry. Estylissimo has a wide range of armwarmers in a variety of styles and colors, as well as a selection of gorgeous chokers and headbands. Do pay them a visit.

And finally, what good are awesome accessories without a beautiful dress? It's like potatoes without the meat. But fear not. I found this beauty for you:



Say "hello" to the Olivia gown by KMKostumes. Actually, it's three separate pieces--the corset top, skirt, and big ol' fluffy petticoat. So if you really wanted to, you could wear the pieces separately. I love options like that. And I love the rest of KMKostumes's offerings, as well. They've got lots of other beautiful dresses--in a range of prices from quite affordable to gonna-have-to-save-your-pennies-for-a-while--as well as skirts, tops, and a whole host of awesome accessories. Be sure to take a look!

There's my picks. Now let's see yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment