Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Techno Tuesday: Greasemonkey/Etsy Hacks

I love Firefox.  I'm a fairly recent convert, and I'm still exploring all the bells and whistles.  But I've already found a number of awesome add-ons that have made my life immensely easier.  I'll be sharing them with you over the next few weeks, beginning with what might just be my favorite, Greasemonkey.

Basically, Greasemonkey allows you to customize a website's appearance.  Once you have the add-on installed, you can download all sorts of scripts for all sorts of sites that do all sorts of things.  That's where Etsyhacks comes in.  Etsyhacks is an awesome collection of Greasemonkey scripts that add all sorts of handy features to your Etsy pages.

I can't comment on all of them, because I don't use them all, but I can tell you that I love the ones I do use.  Here's a look at my favorites...

Fast Tagger 
Fast Tagger does just what it sounds like - makes tagging faster.  MUCH faster.  It gives you one box in which to quickly type all your tags, and with a simple click on the "add to tags" button... BAM!  Your item's tagged. 


Bulk Image Uploader
 I'm sure I'm not the only person who hated having to upload images one at a time.  Well, now you don't have to.  This hack allows you to upload all five of your images in one go.  Quick.  Easy.  Awesome.

Copy Listing









You know what stinks?  When you have a bunch of items that are all the same aside from the color, and you have to fill out a whole separate listing for each one.  Bleh.  Fortunately for us, there's a hack for that.  This particular hack sits quietly on each listing's page just waiting until it's time for you to list something similar.  And when that time comes, one click will copy all of the listing information and plunk it into the forms for you, so all you need to worry about is making those few minor changes.  Simple.

Forum Wrangler








This one's my favorite.  It places a handy dandy little navigation bar at the top of the forum pages, so you can easily bounce around without having to go back to the main forums page.  Even better, it helps you keep track of which threads you've read and which you've posted to, and it gives you the ability to jump right to the last page you read in any given thread, which is great for keeping up with those long, ongoing threads.  No more searching for your last post.  No more trying to remember if you posted to a thread or not.  Now you can do your reading and posting and get outta there and back to creating.

So there you have my favorite hacks.  There are oodles more.  Go check 'em out!  And comment with your favorite Etsyhacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment